If you use HubSpot, the monthly product updates are a must to keep track of, so you can stay up-to-date with all the new features, tools and changes to the platform.
In this blog, we will go through each update below in more detail:
- A New Look for CRM Home Pages in HubSpot - July 2, 2020
- Exit Intent Cookie Banner in Chatflows - July 8, 2020
- Access to Themes & Serverless Functions in the Design Manager - July 8, 2020
- Add Custom HTML To The Head Section of Individual Blog Posts - July 15, 2020
For all the additional updates that were from June, feel free to watch the video below:
- Clone If/Then Branches
- Google Doc Imports
- Activity Logs
- Hide SEO Recommendations
- Themes in the Marketplace
- ABM Slack Updates
- Google Campaign Management in Ads
- Retiring the Competitors Tool
- File Properties for Tickets
Click the image below to watch the video now:
A NEW LOOK FOR CRM HOME PAGES IN HUBSPOT
- Filters - has moved to the top of all CRM home pages. Now you can easily use this feature to search by various criteria (owner, create date, last activity date, etc) to understand your data better.
- Save Filters as ‘Views’ - appears as tabs at the top of your CRM pages and makes it easier and quicker for you to use and go back to various data you need. There is even an option to save it as a favorite if you use it all the time.
- Easy Export - You even have the ability to export your ‘views’ via email and the notification center
*HOT TIP: If you don’t love the new layout, you have the option to switch back to the old layout using the beta menu in the bottom corner of any CRM home page.
EXIT INTENT COOKIE BANNER IN CHATFLOWS
Now live in all portals is a new GDPR setting for live chats.
This enables you to show a cookie consent banner when HubSpot sees that a visitor is leaving a website page, allowing visitors to chat without having to accept cookies.
Although, when this visitor navigates to a new page, HubSpot will display a cookie consent banner to alert them that their conversation will not be accessible on the next page unless they consent to cookies. If they accept, they can continue their chat conversation as they navigate across your website.
Targeting visitors by country is also an option in chatflows and displays cookie consent banners for specific countries and supported languages.
ACCESS TO THEMES & SERVERLESS FUNCTIONS IN THE DESIGN MANAGER
There are 3 new updates to the Design Manager for CMS Hub users.
- Create themes
- Create serverless functions
- View the @hubspot folder
Prior to now, creating serverless functions and themes was only available through local development (this connects your local workflow to HubSpot, allowing you to utilize version control, your favorite text editor and various web development technologies when developing on CMS Hub).
Now developers that don’t want to develop locally to use these features to extend core functionality.
To create themes in the design manager, go to:
- File > New theme. You have the option to either choose a blank theme or one from the CMS Theme Boilerplate.
To create serverless functions in the design manager, go to:
File > New function. Here you then enter information about the function to be created: function path, request method, file/folder names, etc.
In addition, you now have the ability to view the source code of default themes and assets by visiting the ‘@hubspot’ folder in the design manager finder. This allows you to view the code for use in your own themes or clone a theme as a starting point.
*Access to the @hubspot folder and creating themes in the design manager is now available to all CMS Hub Professional customers and the ability to create serverless functions is available to all CMS Hub Enterprise customers.
ADD CUSTOM HTML TO THE HEAD SECTION OF INDIVIDUAL BLOG POSTS
You can FINALLY add custom HTML to individual blog posts!
This not only helps with SEO and rankings, but you can use this to give you more options on how you display information in search results.
To do this:
- Open a blog post
- Settings tab
- Click Advanced options link
- Add custom HTML into the Head HTML field
That concludes our July 2020 HubSpot Product Updates.
Want to get caught up on previous updates? Here's a list from the past.
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019/ Inbound
- Sneak Peak at Inbound 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
For more information, you can always book a complimentary 30-min chat with us about any of your HubSpot needs.