Personalization is a must if you want to build authenticity and trust with your contacts and subscribers.
This is what will take your leads through the buyer's journey, turning them into customers and then loyal fans.
Ways to personalize your emails include:
Smart Subject Line
- Use personalization tokens in email subject lines to address contacts by their name.
- Add a smart rule to your subject line based on lifecycle stages or list membership.
- These can be tailored to contacts from different lifecycle stages, lists, device types, countries, preferred languages, or referral sources.
- Examples include:
- Subscribers or leads - ''Subscribe to the blog CT.''
- MQLs - ''Read The Case Study CT''
- SQLs or Opportunities - ''Schedule a demo CT.''
- You can personalize the content of your emails in any rich text module and create smart rules to target contacts based on their list membership or lifecycle stage.
- Great if you have different content you want to show to different contacts in various stages of the the buyer's journey.
Optimization is all about increasing your open and click-through rates, giving you more opportunities to convert visitors to leads.
This is made super simple in HubSpot Email with various built-in optimization tools.
- Send Time & Day
- According to the performance of your emails, HubSpot will recommend days and times that your contacts are active. When you first get started, you can send at various times until the system determines what is working best for you.
- Subject Line & Preview Text
- HubSpot will recommend character length for your subject line and preview text and let you know if you go over it.
- HubSpot will let you know if you included personalization, links, images, and CTAs - as these are considered email best practices.
- Spam Score
- HubSpot also lets you know your Spam Score. The higher your score, the higher the chance that yourreader'ss email provider will reject your email as spam.
- HubSpot helps you set up your account to authenticate your emails with SPF and use Email Sending Domains to add a layer of security behind the scenes. This then enables providers like Gmail to remove the""via HubSpo"" message for their users, helping with open rates.
FREE CRM + EMAIL
As a HubSpot user, you get the CRM + Email for sales and marketing for FREE!
This is a powerful combo and a super valuable resource you can utilize for your business.
Having your Email and CRM integrated means you are able to get a full insight into how each contact in your database interacted with your email - as every action taken will be recorded on their contact record in the CRM. This includes crucial email engagement metrics like:
- SPAM reports
- Not sents
TEMPLATES OR CREATE YOUR OWN
With HubSpot you have 2 options when it comes to creating emails:
- Use a pre-made template from their Marketplace (free and paid options)
- Create your own in a drag and drop editor
Both options require zero coding and are mobile responsive, so you can easily customize the look and features of your emails.
Onceyou'vee created your emails, you can test different versions to see which ones perform better with the A/B Testing tool.
This tool measures the various engagement you receive from a sample of recipients for different versions of the same email. Then you can choose what the winning metric will be and what the length of time the test will run for.
Examples of metrics to test are:
- CTAs & Offers
- Email sender
- Subject line
This is an essential email marketing tactic for creating emails your contacts and customers will engage with and respond to.
WORKFLOWS & AUTOMATION
When you automate your emails in HubSpot, they can then be added to workflows that help nurture your leads through thebuyer'ss journey.
Onceyou'vee added an automated email to a workflow, you can then choose from a laundry list of customized triggers, conditions, and actions personalizing your emails even further.
Workflows can also be assigned goals, so you can easily keep track of your progress and success.
At the end of the day, automation and workflows save you time, so you can grow your business! You can use workflows to do tasks like:
- Set up webhooks
- Score leads
- Push leads to sales
- Manage data in bulk by updating properties like lifecycle stages and personas
ANALYTICS & REPORTING
HubSpot Email makes it super simple to track the performance of your campaigns so you can always be refining and improving.
Email performance data includes:
- Open rate
- Click rate
- Deliverability results
- HTML click map
- Top clicked links
- Top engaged contacts
Marketing Hub - Starter, Basic (Legacy), Professional, and Enterprise accounts include additional email performance data:
- Time spent viewing email
- Engagement over time
- Opens/Clicks by an email client
Overall email marketing performance can also be viewed here under the'Analyze'' tab.
- Delivery rate
- Open rate
- Click rate
- Contacts lost
And last but not least, the sources report under Reports > Analytics Tools, shows you how your email marketing efforts are driving various things like:
- Contact Conversion Rate
- Customer Conversion Rate
- Bounce Rate
- Length Per Session