In this HubSpot CMS Hub series, we are reviewing how marketers, developers, and IT teams can benefit with the platform's improved Professional features and it's all-new Enterprise tier!
Now, we'll review how the HubSpot CMS has stepped up its speed, security and reliability game to really impress information technology departments.
Why CMS Security Has A Bad Rap
Content management system's have always been known as 'vulnerable' in the world of online security.
This poor reputation stems from being built on 'open source frameworks' with shared development environments.
Lost? We'll let Wiki explain...
"Open-source software (OSS) is a type of computer software in which source code is released under a license in which the copyright holder grants users the rights to use, study, change, and distribute the software to anyone and for any purpose. Open-source software may be developed in a collaborative public manner."
Advantages of this include:
- Less hardware costs
- High-quality software
- No vendor lock-in
- Integrated management
- Simple license management
- Lower software costs
- Abundant support
- Scaling and consolidating
Even though these shared environments contain benefits, they also cause security threats.
Often 'free' or 'low cost' plugins and themes are attractive to the user, but they result in poor development, inviting hackers to cause havoc.
Another easy way to attack for hackers is through weak passwords and CMS admins tend to also be guilty of this poor habit.
So what can CMS users do to protect themselves?
Imperva a cybersecurity leader suggests the following:
- Update plugins and themes
- Stay up-to-date about vulnerabilities
- Remove default admin usernames and use strong passwords
- Look into a strong authentication plugin for additional protection
- Consider a Web Application Firewall (WAF) that auto protects against vulnerabilities
Now that you know what the experts are suggesting to keep a CMS safe, are you ready for all the additional work and expenses that come along with managing this on your own?
And then... do you even have the skills or time to do so?
Let's review an alternative option that ensures a secure experience and what HubSpot likes to call their 'Cloud-based CMS'.
Top 6 Reasons Why IT Managers Like HubSpot's CMS Hub
HubSpot's recently revamped CMS Hub is a cloud-based content management system, providing you security, reliability, scalability, and an ecosystem of 3rd party apps.
The result... this reduces the need to do almost everything listed above on your own!
HubSpot is committed to their CMS's performance and this makes projects like website migrations and redesigns a breeze, because you also get access to certified partner agencies (like us) for assistance, a dedicated migrations team, and 24/7 phone support (DO NOT underestimate the value of this!)
The HubSpot CMS is truly a powerful tool and everything you need to maintain control over your website's performance.
Next, we'll review some of it's highlights below:
1) 24/7 Security Monitoring & Threat Detection
HubSpot security teams help to ensure the safety of your site with manual and automated checks for attacks or anything out of the ordinary.
2) Content Delivery Network and Custom CDN Configuration
HubSpot websites remain active and never experience downtime with their global CDN capable of handling heavy traffic. Custom CDN configuration is also available with their Enterprise tier.
3) Standard SSL Certificate
Hubspot websites comes with standard SSL certificates that help you with Google rankings and increased website traffic.
4) Activity Logging and Partitioning Grant
HubSpot allows you to give your team various permissions, so you can keep track of changes, monitor usage and make security adjustments when needed.
5) Site Performance Monitoring
HubSpot keeps you up-to-date with reported errors, outages, high traffic, slow speeds, and overall performance.
6) Reverse Proxy Support
HubSpot empowers marketing teams to create and manage content, while loading it from a single, trusted domain hosted externally.
For more in-depth details about ALL the HubSpot CMS features that IT Teams are going nuts for, check out this resource called, 'Website Monitoring Tools for IT Teams.'
That wraps up our post on HubSpot's new and improved CMS Hub and how it's even impressed IT Managers.
If you found this article helpful, check out all our additional HubSpot CMS blogs below.
- All About the HubSpot CMS: The Content Management System For Professionals
- The Future of the HubSpot CMS
- The History of the HubSpot CMS
- How To Succeed With A Website Migration To The HubSpot CMS
- The HubSpot Content Management System: Features and Benefits Part 1
- The HubSpot Content Management System: Features and Benefits Part 2
- What You Need To Know About HubSpot Pricing For The CMS
- What is the HubSpot's CMS?
- Why The HubSpot CMS Is The Best
- CMO Employee Spotlight: HubSpot CMS Developer
- 5 Reasons To Love A HubSpot Website
- Everything You Need To Know About HubSpot CMS Pricing
If you are a HubSpot user and want to master the platform, feel free to contact us with any questions and book a Free Chat with one of our HubSpot experts.