If you use HubSpot, the monthly product updates are a must to keep track of, so you can stay up-to-date with all the new features, tools and changes to the platform.
Below we've recapped what's happened since April 26, 2020.
HubSpot Product Updates
In this blog, we will go through each update below in more detail:
Add Multiple Domains to Companies in HubSpot - May 21
Enhanced Slack Integration for Account-Based Collaboration - May 19
Account Overview Visualforce Module for the Salesforce Integration - May 19
Build More Reports with Clearer and More Robust Report Limits - May 19
- HubSpot is now available in Dutch - May 13
- Removing Personalization Scores from Sequences - May 8
- Domain User Permissions for Account Admins - May 5
- Ensure Proper Access with Field Level Edit Permissions - April 30
For all the additional updates that were from April, feel free to watch the video below:
- CMS Hub
- Developer Tools & Themes
- Theme Assets
- Drag and Drop Page Editing
- CMS Hub Tiers
- Dashboard Library
- Property Recycle Bin
- Products SKU Property
- Custom Properties for Products
- Mobile Updates
- Sent View in Conversations
- New Ticket Automation
- Improved Calling Experience
- API Documentation
HubSpot Updates In May 2020
Add Multiple Domains to Companies in HubSpot
Did you know that previously 'Companies' in HubSpot could only have one domain associated to them?
For companies using multiple domains, this was a real drag.
Even with the deduplication and merging updates that were done last year, you could still only merge two or more companies when duplicates already exist.
With the new update, you can have all the activity associated with a company attached to the correct company record, ensuring your CRM is cleaner and helping your team work more effectively.
To do this, go to:
- Any company record
- Click on the 'company domain name' property
- Add secondary domains to a company
Enhanced Slack Integration for Account-Based Collaboration
For all you Slack enthusiasts, there are three new features in the HubSpot / Slack Integration!
Create Slack channels with deal/company workflows
Regularly post important KPIs using reports command
Write notes to/from your Slack channel
This is ideal for account-based collaboration within companies where deals and customers get complicated, and that priortize working out of Slack over HubSpot.
Account Overview Visualforce Module for the Salesforce Integration
Calling all ABMers... HubSpot has officially launched Account-Based Marketing tools to deliver better buying experiences!
The tools will provide the greatest benefit to those using the HubSpot CRM, Marketing and Sales Hubs, but this isn't a requirement. They also work seamlessly with the Salesforce Integration revealing new account-level data from HubSpot inside of Salesforce.
- Saving sales reps time because they no longer have to jump between multiple screens
- Ability to see account-specific data from HubSpot within the Salesforce module Visualforce
To do this, go to:
- Set up Salesforce Integration
- Go to the account page layout in Salesforce where you can add the Visualforce page 'HubSpot Account Intelligence.'
Build More Reports with Clearer and More Robust Report Limits
Reporting is important.
Without it, how do you know if what you are doing is working or not?
- Dashboards Galore - these help you share information and display success. Now Starter, Professional, or Enterprise customers can build more than twice as many dashboards in HubSpot.
- Starter: 10 (previously 3)
- Professional: 25 (previously 5)
- Enterprise: 50 (previously 25)
- Flexibility and Consistency - Previously, there were two types of dashboards in HubSpot: 'standard' and 'custom.' Confusing right? Now, they both include the same functionality, renaming, permissioning, and deleting (as these abilities were previously limited to 'custom' only).
- Robust in Professional - If you're on a Professional account, you can now add:
- 20 reports to a dashboard (previously 10)
- Up to 100 custom reports (previously 20)
- Reporting Add-on - Now create up to 300 dashboards (previously 200) and 3000 custom reports (previously 2000).
HubSpot is now available in Dutch
If you are a native Dutch speaker, this one's for you!
Prior to this update, Dutch speakers had to use HubSpot in a second language. Now you will have:
- Improved speed
- Improved productivity
- Increased general use of the platform (as this now enables Dutch speakers who did not know a second language)
To do this, go to:
- Your preferences
- Choose Dutch from the Language dropdown menu
Removing Personalization Scores from Sequences
As of May 15, 2020... the personalization score feature in sequences will be removed.
It was originally introduced to help sales reps personalize automated emails sent via sequences, but it wasn’t accurate and some thought it was a distraction.
In the future, stay tuned because HubSpot plans to build features that allows you to personalize emails at the moment of send, rather than days or weeks in advance.
Domian User Permissions for Account Admins
The more your business grows, the more you need to think about user permissions.
Giving your team members access to only what they need, simplifies their work and gives you peace of mind.
With this new update, account admins have more control over who can see, create, delete, and modify domain settings in your account and by default all users who have account access will now have access to add and edit domains.
In the future, when you add new users, you will need to turn this setting on for them if you want them to have access to domain settings.
To disable a user’s domains permissions, go to:
- Users & teams
- Edit button beside the user whose permissions you wish to remove
- Open the Account tab and toggle off the "add and edit domains" option for that user
*This update to user settings is now live for all CMS Hub, Marketing Hub, and Service Hub customers.
Ensure Proper Access with Field Level Edit Permissions
A rockstar sales team = a clean CRM database.
To do this, users need to have access to the right data. Field level edit permissions allow admins to lock down the values of specific properties to certain reps, so everyone on your team can edit exactly what they are suppose to, and nothing they shouldn't.
To do this:
- Click the checkbox next to one or more properties
- Click 'Assign Users and Teams'
- Select the users and teams who can edit values
- Properties on contact, company, deal, ticket, and custom object records
- Properties in the "preview" of all records
- The "all properties" page of a record
- Bulk editing properties from the table
- HubSpot iOS app in version 3.228.0 and above
- HubSpot Android app in version 2.47.0 and above
- HubSpot email clients (Gmail and Outlook)
That concludes our May 2020 HubSpot Product Updates.
Want to get caught up on previous updates? Here's a list from the past.
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019/ Inbound
- Sneak Peak at Inbound 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
For more information, you can always book a complimentary 30-min chat with us about any of your HubSpot needs.