You’ve spent countless hours acquiring your customers by doing tasks such as:
- Writing your company story
- Developing your buyer persona
- Creating a product/service for them
- Crafting the perfect message for each stage of the pipeline
Sold! The word that brings tremendous joy to your company. However, it’s not over.
It’s common knowledge that gaining a new customer is 5 to 25 times more expensive than keeping the ones you have. Customers have plenty of options, therefore it is vital for your business to always strive to provide value beyond the sale. We’re going to look at a few tools in HubSpot to help maintain and grow an exceptional customer retention rate.
Of course, being the tried and true line of communication of servicing your customers.
A few of the things you can do with HubSpot's Marketing Automation software for emails are:
- Segmenting your list to ensure that your customers are receiving tailored messages that pertain to them
- Creating workflows that you can customize the trigger based on their interactions with you
- Automate tasks on post deal stages for sales, marketing, and customer services teams to follow up
Send emails that are personalized and relevant on a consistent basis without overdoing it. According to MarketingSherpa, 86% of customers want to receive promo emails at least monthly, and 15% want to receive promotional emails every day.
They also noted to test different frequencies to see how revenue and unsubscribes are affected.
2. Social Media Management
Social listening is a 2 step process:
- Monitor your company's social media platforms for conversations and mentions affiliated to your brand
- Analyze the data for insights and seek out opportunities to engage
How you interact with your customers on social media will communicate everything about your company. You'll also make an outstanding impression to prospects who are researching and find new products within your niche. It is crucial that you not only respond to positive feedback, but address any issues your customers are facing. 50% of customers claim they would drop any companies who fail to respond to a negative social media post.
3. Support Tickets
No one enjoys feeling unappreciated and ignored. Here are some stats about the effects of poor customer service by Survaider:
- 56% will never use the company again
- 25% will tell their friends to not use the company
- 20% will share their bad experience on social media
It pays to listen to your customers!
Tickets in HubSpot are used to log customer issues which can be assigned to members of your team. As mentioned earlier regarding workflows that trigger emails, workflows can also automate and route tickets to whichever team you want to contact the customer. The help desk and tickets software by HubSpot brings efficiency to your customer service team by having it all tracked in a central location.
4. Customer Feedback
In addition to support tickets, HubSpot's Customer Feedback Software offers more ways to understand what your customers think about doing business with you.
Identify what their issues are with you product and service model and how you can improve using these surveys:
- Net Promoter Score® (NPS): track how likely your customers are to recommend you to others
- Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT): get feedback on any part of the customer experience that you want to know more about
- Customer Effort Score (CES): discover how easy it is for your customers to find help when they need it
5. Knowledge Base
What if there were missing pieces of important information that not only drove prospects away, but also aggravates your customers to the point that they're looking to exit their relationship with you?
The knowledge base is an important member of your sales and marketing teams. Show that you are listening to your customer's problems by transforming the most frequently asked support questions and tickets into a comprehensive library of help articles and documentation. In 2011, Gartner predicted that customers will manage 85% of their relationship with the enterprise without interacting with a human by 2020.
HubSpot, for example, has a fantastic knowledge base loaded with tons of articles to help their customers find solutions to their various problems. They're a great company to model your knowledge base after. Self-service is here to stay which also means increased efficiency throughout your marketing, sales, and customer services teams.
Combine a knowledge base with your chatbot, tickets, and live customer support to build a solid foundation for customer support satisfaction.
Show your customers that they've made the right decision by doing business with you. If you're implementing RevOps to your business, these tools are perfect for creating customer success across your sales, marketing, and customer service teams.
If you have any questions about getting the most out of these tools in HubSpot, schedule a free call with us today.
Updated January 2022