A strong online presence is essential for businesses to succeed in our modern society where people are spending an average of 2.3hrs on the Internet per day.
Your website is typically the first place a potential customer will go to check up on your credibility, brand, products and services and more. This is why your hosting service, content management system and it's related features are SUPER important... they effect rankings and your website's capability to bring you leads.
In this blog, learn 5 tips for maximizing a HubSpot website.
5 Tips For Maximizing A HubSpot Website
Tip #1: Content Staging
Reduce repetitive, monotonous tasks with content staging in your HubSpot website.
HubSpot's content staging tool enables someone to bulk publish or replace pages on your website with ease and speed.
So fast and easy in fact, that when you’re ready for your pages to go live, you’ll only have to click one button!
In addition, content staging also helps you organize your new pages better by keeping them in a dedicated dashboard, away from your published pages. These staged pages are then hosted on a temporary HubSpot domain that will ensure users won’t see anything before you’re ready.
Tip #2: Smart Content
Want to know how you can deliver the most valuable information to every website visitor, no matter where they are in the journey of buying your product or service?
It called 'Smart Content' and it can be applied to website pages, landing pages, emails, CTAs, and forms based on specific criteria you have stored about your contacts in the HubSpot CRM!
With regards to a HubSpot website, smart content refers to aspects of a website page that change based on the interests or past behavior of the viewer. It creates an experience that's customized specifically for the visitor or reader at that moment.
How cool is that?
In addition, smart content provides a unique customer experience, which is one of the top ways to differenitate your business in the 21st century.
Tip #3: Global Groups
If you've ever built a website or redesigned one, this is an impressive feature, so listen up.
During a HubSpot website design or redesign, there will inevitably be sections that you want to repeat on multiple pages. Examples of this could be the:
- Call-to-action (CTA)
With global groups, you can save a TON of TIME by making these single content or group modules 'global' during the build and any changes made will happen on every page!
Tip #4: Modules, Templates and the Asset Marketplace
HubSpot modules are the building blocks of HubSpot templates, and are what you use to create a HubSpot website page. These hold images, forms, CTAs, and rich text.
HubSpot templates control the layout, style, and function of your pages. When you host your website on HubSpot, they provide free built-in templates that have already been approved with regards to best practice, usability and design, which can save you a massive amount of time and money.
If you want or need different templates or even modules for your templates, you also have the option to look for additional free ones or purchase some from the HubSpot Asset Marketplace.
The Marketplace includes free and paid content including modules, blog templates, email templates, page templates, and even bundles where you can get all of these under one theme together.
Some of our favorite features of the Marketplace are:
- View live examples before you buy
- Read customer reviews
- Use filters like category, price, purpose and more to easily find what you are looking for
*Pro Tip: If the default and Marketplace options don't work for you, you can always customize your own. Keep in mind, this route can get expensive and we suggest hiring a HubSpot CMS developer to assist you with this type of project to ensure you are building modules and templates that will integrate properly will all of HubSpot's features.
Tip #5: SEO: Technical, Content Strategy & Optimization Tools
And last but definitely NOT LEAST, a HubSpot website comes with built-in ... (drum role) ... search engine optimization (SEO)!
- On-page SEO
- When you create blog posts, landing pages, website pages, and emails, there are built-in to-do lists telling you exactly how to improve your optimization; meaning third-party SEO plugins are not required.
- Technical SEO
- Content Strategy Planning
- SEO has shifted from a keyword strategy tactic (where you would target single words or phrases) to a topic cluster model (where a single 'pillar page' acts as the main hub of content for a overarching topic with many subtopics content pieces linking to it). In HubSpot, you can create topic clusters within the SEO tool under Marketing > Planning and Strategy > SEO.
That wraps up our post on '5 Reasons To Love A HubSpot Website'.
If you want to become a HubSpot website MASTER, check out all our HubSpot CMS posts below:
- All About the HubSpot CMS: The Content Management System For Professionals
- The Future of the HubSpot CMS
- The History of the HubSpot CMS
- How To Succeed With A Website Migration To The HubSpot CMS
- The HubSpot Content Management System: Features and Benefits Part 1
- The HubSpot Content Management System: Features and Benefits Part 2
- What You Need To Know About HubSpot Pricing For The CMS
- What is the HubSpot's CMS?
- Why The HubSpot CMS Is The Best
- CMO Employee Spotlight: HubSpot CMS Developer
If you are a HubSpot user and want to master the platform, feel free to contact us with any questions and book a Free Chat with one of our HubSpot experts.